Last June a few friends of ours decided to challenge ourselves to eat local for one month. It was this challenge that eventually led to this blog and the idea that it is good... and fun... to challenge ourselves to do better each month and rethink how we do things. So here we are one year later and it is time to once again challenge ourselves to eat local. How will you challenge yourself?
- Will you grow a backyard garden? (I have high hopes for my garden, pictured above)
- Will you plan to visit a farmers market each Saturday?
- Will you plan to make one completely local meal once a week?
- Will you go all out and only eat food that has been grown in Wisconsin?
- Will you decide to be inspired and read "Animal, Vegetable, Miracle" by Barbara Kingsolver?
- Or will you really go all out and be like this guy who is foraging for all his food in a forest for one year? Yeah, me neither.