Tuesday, May 6, 2008

My Laundry Challenge

Courtney and I started this blog in part to continue to challenge ourselves. I was thinking that challenge meant taking steps to living more green, not exploring areas of my life where I am weak (such as lawn care and laundry)! Courtney may love laundry day, but in my family every day is laundry day and those plastic baskets are a permanent and unwelcome part of our home decor! I am hoping that this month's challenge, like the lawn topic,  will get me fired up about a topic that I normally try not to spend a lot of mental energy on. I plan on sharing some of the changes that I have made over the years to becoming a more green laundress, but I thought I'd start this month by laying out my personal challenge for how I can improve a bit more. 

1. hang out more laundry outside in the summer
2. rig up an indoor line in my new laundry room/closet
3. find the best eco-friendly laundry detergent/soap and where we can get it locally
4. do some research into Natural dry cleaning methods
5. find out what is really in my OxyClean and research eco-friendly stain removers



1 comment:

Unknown said...

There is a line of products that remove stains and ordors, is eco-friendly and the company is green. I use Pre-spot to remove stains. Sol-U-Mel to remove ordors. And MelaPower and Soft to wash my laundry. There isn't a stain or ordor that I have not been able to remove. And the best thing is that it all arrives on my doorstep and because everything is concentrated, I save money. It is a wonderful company that cares about the environment and you. If you would like to learn more, please inquire and I will point you in the right direction.