Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Green Lawn Care Guides

You may have realized that we haven't posted much about green lawn care yet this month. Courtney and I have been busy with the upcoming Local Food Fair, but the real reason is that I don't know much about this subject. I want a lawn free of thistles (some dandelions must stay so my kids can make me necklaces) and chemicals, but have only limited experience and and even less success. I am hoping that all our blog readers will have lots of advice for me. We have followed much of the Green Lawn advice (mow high, water less often for longer, aerate, overseed) and I'll be sharing what I know about this. However, I think it is time for me to become a bit more educated about the topic. I found the following guides on some of my favorite websites. Lets all learn together! 

New American Dream has a downloadable lawn care guide and resources for products

Greater Milwaukee Resources for Natural Lawn Care Includes resources, healthy lawn kids, healthy lawn challenge and the very cool idea of signs you can put in your yard to let your neighbors know it is chemical free!

lawnsignhouse1sm.jpg


Great Lakes Great Lawns publication: I have this guide and it is good and easy to follow. Looks like there is also a video

great_lakes_gardens.jpg





No comments: