Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Day 6 - Crafty Reuse



Snow Day! A perfect day to tackle a bigger project. These old boxes were my father-in-law's. He used them to store his oil paints, so the insides were really icky and gummy (note the before picture). I had always wanted to transform them into cool art supply boxes, but was continually discouraged by the total disgusting-ness of the interior. So, today, armed with Mod Podge, glue, and wallpaper scraps (Holly Hobbie from the 70's, how fun) I finally did the transformation. Everything in the box is an example of reuse: the metal magnet board in back is from an old computer monitor, the tins are (obviously) old Altoid tins, the little boxes next to the magnet board are empty match boxes (which slide out to hold little treasures), and the wallpaper scraps are left over from the creation of my dollhouse when I was a kid (pack rat, anyone?).

No comments: